Mending · My Parlor · sewing

Mending Monday

It wasn’t necessarily “mending” per se, but it was fiddly hand sewing that needed to be done… for the last three years!


When I chose these curtains from Ikea, I thought the “puddled” look would be nice.  Yaaaaah, not so much.  Even with only two small dogs there is dog hair tumbleweeds that collect in the puddles.  Needless to say that the hems of the curtains were pretty dirty.

I took them down over the weekend  and washed them.  I ironed 3 of the panels and put them back up that night because we don’t like people being able to walk by on the street being able to look in and see what we are up to. I measured the amount that was dragging on the floor and cut off 5 inches.  Using my trusty seam gauge I folded up 1 inch and then turned it another inch.  This achieved the curtain being 2 inches off the ground with a total loss in length of 7 inches.  Perfect!

Only 20 more to go!!

One thought on “Mending Monday

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s